Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day&School Dances




For my mom, I wrote her a card, bought her some Berripop frozen yogurt (yes, I work there and yes, I get 50% off... that's not the point), and made her a Coffee-vanilla cake.
She loved everything. It just shows that you don't have to buy a very nice, expensive gift to please others. Which is good, because I'm pretty poor.

Even poorer now that I am unemployed.
My friends ask: "What happened?"
I reply: "I quit."
"WHY!?"
"Well, my parents didn't like me closing at 11:30 on Saturday nights, I'm going to be busy in the summer with school stuff, and I was getting burnt out."
But man, I sure am going to miss the free fro-yo.

Another interesting update- I asked a guy to a school dance!
SO WEIRD. I never asked a guy to anything before.
What's strange is that it didn't seem that big of a deal. If he had rejected me, I'd feel disappointed, but not devastated.
If you came up to me 2-3 years ago and told me that I would be asking a guy out to a dance, I would've given you an odd look. Like this ---> o__O

This is how I bribed him to go with me:
1. I baked some Cinnamon-Maple granola and tossed in chopped dried figs and goji berries. The guy eats really healthy, so I thought this was a good idea. .
2. I put it in an airtight container and wrote the ingredients on a small square of paper. The last ingredient said, "Fine Arts Banquet?" ->flip
3. On the back, it said: To: (his name), From: (my name). It also had a ninja panda on it.
4. I put it in a paper bag with clouds on it because he introduced me to a song titled, 'Little Fluffy Clouds' by The Orb. Heh.

He accepted- in person- and gave me a hug. Aww. So sweet.
Then he gave me a ride to my baking and catering class because my friend ditched me.
His car is very clean and smells nice. YES! Finally, a boy whose car doesn't smell like sweaty gym socks and Axe deodorant.
The dance is next Friday.
I may upload pictures. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment